What's the best thing to take for inside thigh cramps and charlie horses??

I get awful cramps on the inside of my thighs. Also Charlie Horses. I've stopped drinking sodas, and have upped my water intake. I have started eating more fruits, and veggies, and joined a gym and work out pretty hard. But these cramps are awful, and I need to know what take to help them!!!

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 3:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• bananas

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• eat bananas
    serenitysmom20

Answer by serenitysmom20 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Potasium
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Potassium, Calcium, and Salt need to be in balance for your muscle function to perform optimally (electrolytes is what they are).
    We all get enough salt, so if bananas don't seem to help, zero in on Calcium.
    Good luck!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree, potassium is your best bet. Bananas aren't the only thing you can eat for potassium- fresh foods have potassium, period! Keep going with the fruits and veggies.  Click here for a great list of high potassium foods.  The RDA for potassium is 3500 mg.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree with potassium and calcium.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 11:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• you are doing everything that I would recommend, and these wonderful ladies are a great help. The best way to get rid of a charley horse (and yes it is painful) is to stretch it. Why charley horses happen. There is a build up of toxins in the muscle and the body is not getting rid of it. So it is causing your muscle to spaz out and tighten causing you great deals of pain. When you stretch the muscly you are getting it out of the state that it is currently in (Too tight to function). As long as you keep up on your water and cut the soda, coffee and believe it or not tea (if it's not PURE green tea without sugar) you should be able to rid yourself of that toxin! Exercise is a great help too. When you get the muscles working and the blood pumping the body pushes toxins out of the body a lot faster. Another reason why water is great after an exercise! Any more questions message me, starting a blog on this type of stuff ty
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 27, 2011