C-section drama

if any woman has had a c-section, they know how tramatic it is. when i had my c-section, they glued my belly instead of stitches. it created a pocket in my belly and i got blood clots. i had to be on this vaccum thing that sucked the icky stuff out. it was painful and i am scared to ever have a child again.
its been 7 months.
and i still have pains. some parts of my belly are completely numb and there is one part of my belly, near my incision, that if pressure is put on it, it hurts. it feels like sharp glass in my skin... idk how to expain it.
i was just wondering if any other woman has the same pain?
or is it something i have to go back to the doc. for?

aubre22

Asked by aubre22 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• I've had 2 c-sections and I do not feel what you are describing..but I had sutures, not glue..so maybe thats the difference, I don't know. But I would call the doctor and make an appointment if I were you..just to make sure everything is okay. Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I had a pretty anticlimactic c-section. No problems after, but even so I still had pain and numbness in places for over a year. It didn't feel like glass...that sounds scary. Might want to see a doc for that. Otherwise, it just takes time to heal.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 3:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It sounds like side effects from the surgery and the complications you had. I'm so sorry this happened to you, mama. If it makes you feel better then be seen. I had laproscopic surgery for an ectopic pregnancy in 2009 and for a year afterward the outsides of my hips and thighs were numb. It was so weird. Nerves were cut and are still mending. It doesn't sound like anything to be concerned over, but keep an eye on yourself.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i had my son via c-section in july 2005 and still have an odd numb spot to the right of my incision. you are still healing. nerves were cut. it takes a while.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 3:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have had two C-sections, also. I have contant pain and numbe spots. It has been 2 1/2 years since my last one, and I am only now beginning to get anything close to normal. I can't have pressure on my lower abdomen . . .it just hurts too much.

I found out that my body happens to grow alot of adhesions and scar tissue after surgeries . . . I am certain that is what is happening with me.

Needless to say, I will not be having any more babies.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I had a C-section just two weeks ago--they used sutures on the inside and the outter layers are glue.

They explained that the numbness is caused by cutting through the tiny nerves that they couldn't see, and it will take up to 6 months to regain feeling. (Nerves supposedly only grow about 1 mm per week).

My incision hurts if I lay on either side, but it is fine if I sleep on my back. Also, I can't wear anything tucked in to my trousers or it really bothers the incision. NOTHING that feels like glass though! Good Luck!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I had 2 c-sections. I have no pain at all. It was great actually. I do have a little numbness, but it doesn't bother me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I had a csection and they used glue, but I never had that problem. Sorry I can't be of more help. I do have some numbness on the incision area, but nothing major.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 4:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i have had 4 csections i have numbness and some pain near the insicions but not a ton..it does get better but id still talk to ur dr to make sure nothing more is wrong.
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011