husband has set his mind on naming our baby after him (bruce) and his father is also bruce..help?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• What's the question? My son is named Dennis after my husband, who is named after his father. Is it that you don't like the name? Cause then maybe you can name him Bruce but go by his middle name.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• If I have a baby with my fiance I would want him to have his name.
    I love my BFand I want the name to carry on...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Maybe put bruce as a middle name or hope you have a girl... :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• ya honestly i hate that!
    My boyfriend (babys dad) is a jr already and I am not naming our son the 3rd.
    My personal opinion is its boring and uncreative to name them all the same name.
    So if you don't want the baby to be a III then maybe use Bruce as his middle name, its a compromise.
    Goodluck!! Hope you can agree and you're happy with it. dont settle.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It is pride that drives a man to name his sons after himself or his father or grandfather. Going back to knights and such, it is about honor and respect. I didn't understand until I read the book "Raising a Modern Day Knight" with my husband. I was not really into having a jr. but now I understand his need to have his name carried on.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My ex and his dad wanted to name our son after the both of them i refused and i let him choose from a few names i picked myself, you are the mother and you do have a choice. remind him that his son will carry on his last name.
    skeeter1970

Answer by skeeter1970 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My husband wanted to name our baby boy after his dad, Roger. I wasn't thrilled with it and he understood. I also understood his desire to honor his dad, so we compromised and let Roger be the middle name. We don't call our baby boy Roger, but it's there and still honors his dad.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My husband is a Jr. He has hated it his entire life. Always "Big Bob or Little Bob" mail screw up. Even on our credit once. My son named his son a Jr..even after we explained to him why it isn't a good idea..so now we have to deal with Sr and Jr. Tell your husband not to do it. Another thing my husband has said was it was difficult to be who HE was..because everyone expected him to be just like his Dad..and they are soooo not alike.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• TELL HIM IF YOU CAN COMP. BRUCE BE HIS MIDDLE NAME AND TO LET YOU GIVE HIM HIS FIRST NAME.
    INDIA1968

Answer by INDIA1968 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would kill my husband. tell him you are giving birth, you are naming him. OMG, don't let him near the legal papers of birth. But I would freak out if someone told me they were naming my baby.... and it was their own name. I think it's stupid.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008