Is it normal to have regular contraction, 5 mins apart for 48 hrs no breaks inbetween?

this is getting emotionaly and physically draining! ive barely slept (thankfully the pain let up slightly last night so i was able to sleep on and off for a few hrs) and just waiting for things to finally happen. yesterday i went to the hospital, was dilated to a 2 still, but was 70% effaced. the contractions arent incredibly painful just more irritating and quite uncomfortable. i can talk through them though. but some are more painful than others. and ive had horrible urges to have a bm since 3am. that isnt contant though. but so far these things have not gone away for even twenty minutes!! they just keep coming!

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would call your ob and see what they tell you, sorry im not to much help i was induced with my last pregnancy
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• omg go to the hospital. i think ur gonna have your baby. that bm feeling is your baby. 5min apart? yup. get out of here & have that baby! congratulations, sounds like this is it! =D
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If I were you, I would go back to the hospital for another check. Or page your OB . . .there can be a lot of changes in 24 hours, and you should be monitored if you are close.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• well the hospital basically told me not to come back until the contractions were unbearable. i was at the hospital about 18 hrs ago. and theres been no increase in intensity or anything theyve just stayed the same... i hope things do something soon!
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Call your OB. You don't want to be stuck having that baby at home, by yourself. If it feel like you need to push, call 911 right away.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• So u have a high pain tolerance... 48 hours is a long time 2 b in labor, my dr broke my water and got things moving when I was where u r. they should at least b keeping an eye on u, thats silly to send u home when u ARE in labor.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 4:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Get up and walk. Do some side lunges. Sometimes that can help the contractions get more intense and more productive.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• they told me the contractions may be braxton hicks at the hospital since i wasnt making any significant changes. but walking makes them worse, took a bath made me more uncomfortable, ive drank plenty of water, still nothing makes them go away. ive heard of something called prodromal labor is that what this could be?
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• They need to break your water or something to get things going. They're just torturing you :[
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011