Im so pissed right now. my 4yr old threw the channel changer in the toliet

how would u punish for this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• make her clean the tolilet lol jk time out. hey mine threw my ipod down the toliet.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 3:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i would smack his hand and tell him no and then start hiding it
    serenitysmom20

Answer by serenitysmom20 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Did he do it out of anger or out of mischeviousness? I would probably have a longer term punishment for anger. Something less for just being impish.

Either way, I would say tv privileges are revoked for awhile. :D
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 3:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It's better then having cotton balls fed to the tank because it was hungry! It took weeks to clean all of the cotton out those dang little holes.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Oh and I don't know that I would punish, a stern talking to for sure.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i didnt punish. but i did make him sit on his bed. his tv is still on. im pissed so i needed some SPACE
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think he's old enough to know better and a punishment is warranted. I would definitely take away TV privileges. I would also explain to him that it costs you money to have to replace the remote, and he needs to pay you back for that money by doing extra work around the house, and assign him extra chores. This is what we do with all our kids when their hijinks cost us money.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Channel Changer! LOL. I wouldn't punish. These things happen when you have kids. Did he purposefully drop in it? Go to the cable office. They don't charge you for a new one.
    Anonymous

• Was it one from the cable company? I'd just let it dry out for a day and if it doesn't work just take it back and get another one. If not, they really are not expensive.
    I think I'd just ban him from using the remote and explain why it was wrong. To me it's not that big of a deal.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Not a punishable offence for a 4-yr old in my opinion. I agree with Steph . I suggest you child-proof your home if the little rascal has a habit of taking your things as toys .

Maybe he is more intelligent than you realise and is making his feelings known about the crap on TV. The TV is too big to dump in the toilet so he used the remote instead.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011