Would you say that Obama has committed an....

Impeachable offense?

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm referring to anything that you think he may have done during this term that could be an impeachable offense.... Like attacking Libya without consulting with Congress? That's impeachable right?

***
    It's kind of a gray area with regards to Libya, and the line he may have crossed. But since the SCOTUS and Congress seem scared of pressing charges against any of his questionable moves, I'm afraid we might never know!

With that said, I think at minimum the things he's done since being in office should result in NOT being able to run for re-election. But the 19% still rooting for him would be so sad, as he would be prevented from completing SOROS' agenda and destroying this country. UGH!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The only economy fix would be to cut medicare or substantially raise taxes. . . .

We need to CUT SPENDING. If you taxed the top 10% of wage-earners (those with combined income of $114,000 and up) at 100% it wouldn't even make a ripple in the deficit. That would taking ALL their income!

If you want to raise taxes, how about having everyone pay something, do away with the EIC and stop people from getting a refund of more than they paid in to begin with. Why should 50% of taxpayers pay absolutely no tax and in most cases get back more than was withheld from them in the first place? We are not rich by any means, not even in the top 10%) and I'm tired of paying my taxes, their taxes and giving them extra too!

DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 4:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No. The Libya thing is not impeachable. He is able to make such a decision, as per our constitution.

Our ecnomy is set to tank again with or without him. We cannot keep up with Medicare expenditures . . . that is approx. 30-40 percent of our budget. Every year this grows.

The only economy fix would be to cut medicare or substantially raise taxes. . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't see how adding taxes is going to help. The bad thing is that some small businesses are considered in the 100,000-200,000 range and it will actually hurt them in the end to raise taxes. With that being said raises taxes on people who make half a million or more shouldn't hurt much, I would say just do it slowly (a little every year or two).
    Also, more than just medicaid and medicare need to be looked at. For instance social security and disability needs to be looked at, I use to work at a finiance company and came across people (20-yr olds) who got 2000 a month for ADHD and bipolar disorder (these are suppose to be managable) while I would see people who couldn't walk get only 600 a month. Come on how's that fair. Not to mention the people in congress make hundreds of thousands of dollars every year. I think they should have to pay for any election funds they want like all the good presidents...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 7:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• In regards to what?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Tax us more??? Who said that??? Geesh, why don't we just hand over our entire paycheck? Not cool.

Seriously, those in office need a SERIOUS pay cut! We need help out of this mess, big time help!
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No I think people who think so are just being dramatic
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 4:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I wish
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• DSamuels . . I completely agree. We will all need to cough up more money. As will big business. Enough with the tax write-offs . . we cannot afford that any longer.

But, we also need to cut the fat big-time, and do away with medicare.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011