Why do i feel so crappy!

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and ive been pregnant before but i've never felt like this before. I'm so tired i cant seem to get my words out ride making my hubby laugh at everything i say... i keep getting those cervical pinches and braxton hicks, and ive also noticed that sometimes when i go pee i see little bits of mucous floating that are kind of a light brown color? I never had that with my other pregnancies. This all normal? Ive always been more on the tired side towards the end and this seems a little early to be so tired already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would talk to your doctor about this. ya know the mucous plug is supposed to come out before you have your baby. so it might be falling out bits at a time. call your doc! tell him about your grogginess as well. I dont know if its normal or not.
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well, every pregnancy is different with each baby you have. With both of mine, I was always tired but more so with my 2nd because I had a 4yr old to take care of. As far as not getting your words out right, weird things just happen when you have tons of hormones going through your body. Just blame it on hormones lol. Thats what I did when I started forgetting EVERYTHING! I couldn't even finish a sentence because I would forget what I was saying! lol.My braxton hicks started at about 20 weeks with 2nd and bad cramping under my belly after any sort of activety such as walking or bending. It was my bodies way of saying to slow down. As far as the mucous stuff, yes I had that too, but I would ask your Dr. about the color. I don't think its suppose to be any color but clear or white.
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would mention the muscous to the dr, but the plug does come away in little bits and it does replenish itself, so it probably isn;t anything to worry about. If you are tired I would also get your iron levels checked out with a simple blood test. You are probably noticing braxton hicks more this time round because you have 'been there and done that' - a little like why women feel the baby move sooner in subsequent pregnancies. Def go to the dr and get your iron count checked.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 4:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• ive had my iron checked multiple times, and a coag text to see if i was clotting alright and also a text to check for lupus and everything came back normal ... so im good in the iron area ive already covered that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would just assume this one is different. With my youngest dd I got so tired after about 8 weeks that I could barely stay awake and it stayed this way until...well I'm still feeling that way and she's almost 2 now. I also got braxton hicks contractions early because when I was about 4 months pregnant I got a really bad UTI infection (acutally came on overnight) and it actually caused me to contract about 1cm. After that everything that could hurt did got bad headaches, got braxton hicks daily, and just hurt all over along with bad dizzy spells and can't get out of bed tiredness. I would definitely keep your doctor informed and check blood pressure and things like that on a daily basis. I would also ask if you could add iron and/or magnesium to your daily vitamin routine. These help me some even though my iron levels are normal everyone's normal actually varies some so you might be on the lower side of normal and (cont)
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 7:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• it be affecting you as if it were low. Just ask your doctor about what you can do, and just rest when you can. Good Luck!!!
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 7:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011