anybody ever used craiglist??

found a dog he wanted $175 and now he dropped it to $75 mmmm i wonder WHY??

babybear1997

Asked by babybear1997 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pets

• You can't sell animals on craigslist, only a small adoption fee. I used it to place kittens in a home. A cat had kittens in my window well. I asked for a 40.00 adoption fee just to weed out any weirdos and never collected it. I got a huge response. Lots a good people wanted them.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Iused craigslist but I would wonder why the price was lowered. It could be that they didn't realize you can't sell them...they may have gotten an email form the administrators and was told to lower it. You'd have to jsut ask.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• we used craigslist to adopt our pitbull Duke, we paid 150 for him, and only because i have this thing in my heart about unwanted pitbulls and will pay whatever for them, we g ot him at 12 weeks and hes almost a year now and such a sweet boy!
    CamnJaydensMom

Answer by CamnJaydensMom at 2:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Why not ask the posters?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't like craigslist for pets anymore. Too many ppl recycling dogs and cats, taking them for free and selling them....the genuine ads are the ones that get flagged...
    ugh.

I just stay on the babies and kids section.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I have adopted two dogs from craigslist and they are great. I would watch out there might be something medically wrong with it. Just be cautious. I took my two to the vet before I adopted them to make sure they had a good bill of health before we took them home. Good luck.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I been looking also for a dog..
    Try Kijji classified and click detroit listing.
    They have puppies cats and birds..
    NEWME08

Answer by NEWME08 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• www.petfinders.com is a great place to find pets. It is affiliated with shelters and rescue groups all over the country.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• He may have just dropped the price because he needs to find it a home, he may have been asking too much and realized this and then lowered his price.
    I have sold dogs before (on hoobly.com) and have lowered my price.
    Anonymous