Extra sensitive sense of smell?

I didnt know where to post this since im NOT ttc, but last night I was washing out a salad dish that had a vinagrette dressing, and the smell almost made me barf.i have never had this happen before with this salad,anyway with the extra sensitive smell like that it made me think oh crap am I pregnant? Has anyone had extra sensitive smell along with pms,or is it just in pregnancy.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I personally only experienced it while pregnant..it sucks!
    Shishi_87

Answer by Shishi_87 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• ...Sensitive.... sense....

Anonymous

• scents....
    Anonymous

• Only when pregnant! (Dr. said that most pregnant women have a bionic nose!)
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That was the first thing that tipped me off I was pregnant before I knew I was. I hated the smell of anything BBQ and still do 6yrs later. I also remember sneezing alot. If I were you, I'd take a test asap just to be sure.
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well, if you are pregnant, at least you only (hopefully) have to endure it for 9 months. I'm both hearing and vision impaired, so you know how your body compensates by increasing a sense in another area? For me, it's my sense of smell. Totally not a pleasant thing to live with. *shudder*
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Only when I have been pregnant. With my daughter, it was horrendous - I would actually puke with certain smells.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 4:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Oh, thank you for fixing that!

IDK, smells never did bother me even when preggo.
    Anonymous

• sorry but people who only look focus on spelling errors are rather annoying especially if you don't have the balls to post your screen name. Then you couldn't even relate,so why waste my time.
    motherwanting6

Comment by motherwanting6 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Oh shoot, and here I was impressed that you took constructive criticism and fixed it without whining..... oh well.

Anonymous