Odd question

i am 25 years old, ever since i can remember i have been the shy girl who sets alone for eveything.well if that said , im goin to say this, "Im tired of being the shy little girl"! i feel its time for me to break out of my shell and live! first of all i was an only child and was not allowed at friends houses, so as a child the only interaction i got w/ ppl who were not my family was at school. as ive gotten older it seems more and more that i try and stay away from ppl well i shouldnt say "stay away from" i like being around ppl its just i dont talk at all. and hen i try to start up a conversation or something i tend to make an ass out myself. so now i just dont try at all. but like i said im tired of being the only 1 not included, so i guess my question is how to i come out of my shell/ how do i get over being so shy? any advice would great thanks mamas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• just do some spontaneous fun stuff... i was the same way and still am for the most part....but i do or say some silly thing every now and then and it catches someones attention then we just start talking... its pretty hard but look at it this way... you only live once if you say or do something thats just a little spontanious its not likely to kill you enjoy life ...dont keep yourself cooped up
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• First of mom, you need to love yourself in order to over come being shy, if you love who and what you are the rest will follow.

Answer by older at 4:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• hey you can add me as your friend if you like. I use to be like that. I was sheltered as a child too. We can practice talking to each other. You sound like my twin. I always make an ass outta myself too. I have broken out a little bit and just stopped caring what others say. Once you have that baby you will loosen up a ton. You kid will make you whether you want to or not. mine did that to me. I didnt wanna go sit with the other mommys at the park but my kids wanted to play so I had a reason and something to talk about. when u have the baby ill tell ya, leave your dignity at the door..the doctors will tell you that too. that'll help ya a little bit too. but best of luck and just dont give a crap what others think or say. you've got me as a friend if ya want...
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think you just need to try to take some risks when you're with people. Approach one or two others who are sort of "alone" and strike up a conversation. Try not to approach a group, it can be intimidating.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 4:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• just keep trying....do things that intrest you or join a grp weather its an exersice or reading or arts and crafts and find ppl with the same intrests. or maybe you can do some volunteering,,,ive met most of my friends doing so
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011