How strange is this?

My husband and I have been married 6 yrs as of next month and togeather 8. We moved extremely quick cause we were young and I lived at home with my alcholic mother and it was best just go make it on our own. We have alway been the IT couple and even though are marriage isnt perfect its pretty close in our eyes. We love eachother and still find one another very attractive, we have two beautiful babys that we tried very hard for (had fertility problems) and overall everything is right where it should be in life. I have been staying at home since I was 5 months pregnant with our first. Now everyone knows that once you have a baby sex is the last thing on your mind. Well I took it the next step and once our fist born was here (he is now 4) our sex life was up and down. Our daughter was born a year ago and I lost all intrest and even though I had times I was intrested I still shut out my husband. For some reason I have always been a very prude person and insecure about my body and that has definatly gotten in the way of our sex life. Well about 3 months ago I got a call from his ex (her and I are friends but husband has NEVER talked to her) that she got a strange txt and she thinks it was my husband. I asked her to read me the number cause there was no way that my husband could do anything like that even if it was a simply hello hes just not that type to talk to other women. So she read me the number and sure enough it was him. My whole body went through shock and I got so hot and my face was extremely red. I asked her what was said cause it couldnt have been good cause why else would she be calling me. He asked her if she missed the old days but would not tell her who it was and she said not really, "I got cheated on allot". He was playing a guessing game giving her hints who it might be and finatlly she figured it out and told him to stop txting her because she felt uncomfortable bc her and I are friends. So befor he stoped he said sorry it I ever hurt you and if I made you uncomfortable and that was the end of the txt. I ended up leaving to hueston 5 hrs away and taking the kids for 3 days to see my mom and cool off. My husband said he knew he screwed up but I didnt want to hear it. my mom and best friend were extremely shocked bc they know my husband and could never imagine him doing anythin g like that. So when I came home we talked teill 5am and I told him I know why he did it because I had done the same thing with my ex but I did not hide that I talked to my ex like he did I just didnt tell him everything that was said. After our babys were born we lost our way and by flirting with our exes made us feal wanted because they somehow felt that void just by flirting back. We were both guilty and I blam my self because men arent good with talking and I totally shut my husband out, he was sleeping in our sons room while I had both kids in our room and I paid no attention to our marriage. My mom said somehow were supposed to be super women lol and balance our kids and marriage. Now this is my question, since that all happend I am a totally different person becaue at the time I thought life was almost perfect and then my marriage came tumbling down on me out of nowhere so It opend my eyes up. I am not shy anymore and I allow my husband to be attracted to me by letting him tell and show me. Our 4 yr old son is in his bed now and daddy back in the room however our little one still nurses 3 times a night so shes in there with us but we definatly get our time togeather now. Our sex life is better now then it was when we first met because were in love now and that makes all the difference in the world. We took things for granted thats for sure but we found our way back to eachother and I know now that I have a good thing. Communication is a HUGE deal in a realationship and we know that now. So is this odd to some people that it took all this to realize what we have?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Not odd at all! Sometimes this is what it takes to get back to where you should be. Good for you guys, that all it was were texts, and you ended up back in each other's arms. I'm actually surprised I read this whole thing ;] But I'm glad I did. Tell this story to everyone, it's a good one! Congrats to you two, and I wish you many more happy and loving years!!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No, its not odd. most people tend to learn the hard way, I know I also had to learn the hard way in our relationship. Glad you two were able to get back on the same page and get back to where you wanted to..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• ¸.·’★¸.·’not odd you have to learn in everything..and glad you guys made it back to see what you wanted and needed in life..best of luck to you both and your family!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The important thing is that you learned at all! Some people are too bullheaded to ever figure it out. Now just work on maintaining everything to keep things moving in the right direction.
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 12:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011