Children learn best by observing behavior of adults and copying it. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

LanaisSky96

Asked by LanaisSky96 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I agree, especially in learning to talk.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree whole heartedly, it is the principal means by which young children learn .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree 100%.

Adults lead by example.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree completely...they don't always listen...but they are ALWAYS watching.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree more than a hundred % because i have seen it..
    Ashley858

Answer by Ashley858 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Kids learn and immediate adult all the time. That's how they learn to talk, as well as they learn from older kids. My ds is 19 months old and repeats every thing his older brothers do. He wants to be so big like them.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree, if you ever just sit back and watch your children you will see that it is true, watch their facial expressions, their hand movements, how they talk and how they treat other people. Sometimes I wonder omgds, I better watch because they are all going to be mini me's lol.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• absolutely. sometimes that great. sometimes i feel sorry for the kids.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 4:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I strongly agree. You learn little kids have big ears the first time they cry out "Oh, sh*t!" even though you're so sure you never swear when they are paying attention. They are always paying attention. If you think about it in terms of nature, it's just like the way cubs watch their mother hunt to learn how to fend for themselves. As they grow older I suppose some of that comes from other people in their lives, teachers, coaches and even their peers, but at a young age it is almost 100% the actions of the parents that are teaching the child. Before they understand your words they understand your tone and expression to know if you are happy or upset with what they do, etc.

It's actually quite a bit of pressure on us parents, isn't it? :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree 100%
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 4:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011