What is the best type??

I need a good pair of running shoes... But
don't have money to waste.... Please explain why you feel they r....

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Depends on your feet. I cannot wear Nike or anything else with arch support because they hurt. So I do well in New Balance even though some people would think that it's bad. Try on every pair in the store and see which ones feel best on your feet. Brand does not matter as much as ones that you think are comfortable and supportive for your feet.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Saucony's are recommended by a LOT of physical therapists...NIKES honestly are not good for running. I was a runner in high school and we were told NO Nikes....that's my suggestion :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I like Asics. I also like some Nike's but they don't seem to hold up as well for me. I run about 8 to 10 miles a day so I go through running shoes pretty quickly.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Your best bet is to hit a running store, and have them watch you walk and run, and measure your feet. Everyone's different, and you want something specific for your gait, how your arch is, etc. it may not be cheap, but it's the best money you'll ever spend! I prefer Brooks, but I want to try Asics for my next pair.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011