Anyone NOT happy with their pediatrician?

My child has fallen below her weight curve. This is the third pediatrician she has been to as the first one I didn't care for, the second one was quite a ways away from home and this one is just plain rude. My child eats when she is hungry and stops when she is full. (God forbid she eats THAT way) I am tired of hearing "you have to put more calories on her. " Really? She eats grapes, avacadoes, chicken, spaghetti, mac and cheese AND has cereal added to her bottle. (Which I was told she shouldn't be on a bottle either) She will be 17 months old May 2 and is 18.5 lbs, 31.5 inches and her head was measured and fine. (forgot the inches). So, why do I let them make me feel like I am a terrible mom? This is the end for me. I am not taking her anymore unless she is seriously ill. I am sick of hearing about not vaccinating her too. My niece had a reaction to the mennonocal vaccine, but yet I should vaccinate. I am so done and thanks for letting me vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Me! Mine treats me like I'm an idiot just because I'm a single parent. Her office staff is fantastic, though.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That is sad. I would have told them to stop spending so much time seeing other people's kids and fire their nanny! LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Over here. He is constantly ignoring my concerns, just brushing it off as "It's normal". He did this with DS, when I asked him for a referral to a Ears, Nose, and Throat Specialist, he brushed it off and said that DS just has allergies. Well turns out the DS had to get his tonsils and adenoids out and tubes put in his ears, we had to get the referral through DS's dentist. Now their doctor is saying that DD's foot (her right foot curves inward-severely) is normal for a infant her age (she is 9 months old). To me it looks like it is clubbed foot, which isn't normal (if that is the case that foot would need to be put in a special brace or something), so I'm going to be getting a second opinion sometime this week.
    CJessB1007

Answer by CJessB1007 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i changed doctors for my daughter as well when she over exaggerated her weight too. My daughter is 3 and weighs less then 30 pounds she only eats when she is hungry when she is full she stops. I wouldnt worry your daughter is just fine, having doctors tell us to pump high calories into our babies is the reason why there are obsese children
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have changed pediatricians like 3 times. All because I didn't feel like they took my concerns seriously or cared for the best interest of my kids. A couple of them just seemed to rush through there appointments although we waited for them for over an hour they didn't spend 5 minutes with us and when i took my baby in for an ear ache concern, they barley looked and said nothing was wrong. took her to a different pedi the next day and both ears were infected. So now, the onw we use is great. He is oriental and is great. He is very thorough and patient with the kids and does not rush through the appointments. And he does not scae you if your child if a little below average levels. He says that we will keep an eye on her and if things don't improve then we will take the appropriate action. He doesn't automatically say something is wrong.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 10:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2011