Bronchitis

my friend had bronchitis last thursday, it is now monday. she got antibiotics, and cough medicine. she sounds a lot better now. she feels like her normal self, but she still has a slight mucusy cough. She is over at my house, and I was just wondering what is the liklihood of me getting it? Anybody ever had a scenerio the same or close to this? please explain, thanks :)

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 4:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• Bronchitis is a secondary infection- not contagious. However whatever cold germs she had could be contagious. However if she's been on antibiotics you should be fine.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I get Bronchitis about twice a year, because, well, because it's what I do best! LOL! However, my husband never catches it, nor did my children. It is a secondary infection, one which it seems you have to have some kind of genetic predisposition to... if that makes sense.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm just like m-avi. I get Bronchitis all the time. The people around me don't end up catching it. Plus, if she's been on antibiotics for more than 24 hours, chances are she's not going to spread anything. Don't sweat it! Enjoy your visit
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• 24 hrs of antibiotics or more decreases the chances of you catching the cold
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• you shouldnt
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011