How long...

how long do you wait to get into another relationship after breaking up with someone?

this friend of mine broke up with her bf of 3 years and started dating a guy 3 weeks later...she was called a ho.

I want to know is there a time period ur supposed to wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• If the relationship of 3 years was over before 3 years and they were just together for company than the person may be ready to meet someone else right after they finalize the end of the relationship.

if they went the whole 3 years than decided to end it, its best to give it some more time to move on to someone else.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No, there is no time period you are supposed to wait . Up to the individuals concerned and no-one has a right to down them over a very personal decision
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think it depends on the relationship. If they were together for 3 years and everything was ok except for the end, I can see how people would be surprised at getting into another relationship 3 weeks later. That is no reason though, to call a woman a ho. If the relationship was over for a long time but they stayed together for whatever reason, then another relationship so soon might not be such a surprise. It really depends on the people who ended the relationship and nobody else.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• sigh.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 5:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• to each is own, this is why the less ppl know of your business the better. Why a hoe? Men do it all the time, and its okay?! I am sure that the whole three years wasn't peaches and cream either, they per probably absent in the relationship way before they cut ties.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 7:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't think happiness has a timeline. And I agree with Baloo; men do it all the time! There's such a double standard. Tell your friend to brush the haters off, and live her life. She doesn't need to answer to anyone but herself!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• 3 weeks is perfectly how it was supposed to happen. hopefully she was ready and if she wasnt and was just rushing into it, dont worry it will catch up to her.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2011