Homework

My son is in the first grade. My two older kids sit down and do their homework everyday after school, but my first grader never wants to do it. He troughs his homework and once he ripped it in half. I had to tape it together. It's not that he can't do it. He's very smart. He just doesn't want to. I don't let my kids go outside until the homework in done. By the time me and him get it done, it's dark so he eats, baths and goes to bed.

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sounds like that's why he doesn't want to do it, it's taking too long and he feels like he's missing out on play time. If there's a way to make it fun or reward him when he finishes it. It's worth a try! Good luck mom!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Have you asked him why he doesn't want to do it? I would try to make doing homework fun for him to do, like make a game out of it. Wishing you luck!
    CJessB1007

Answer by CJessB1007 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2011