Passiveness problem?

Ok, it might be a bit strange question, but...

Yesterday I pushed my 6 years old on the swing, then I needed to go to bathroom and the line was very long, the wait was like 15 minutes. When I came back, my daughter simply sitted on the swing, was not trying to push herself or do anything, she told that she waited for me.

On other occasion on the playground she followed the lead of 3 years old, played with her and did whatever that gir said. Before that she simply was bored, but did not seek any entertainment by herself.

Lately I was mad on the situation within her school where American children (with obvious learning problems) were rewarded (the smartest American born children were rewarded even earlier) and obiously higher level immigrant children were rewarded two months later, my daughter told that she does not care. It is OK, mom. She knows that it is likely she won't be chosen or will be, but among the last kids. I feel that like in study of Moore about elderely people where she pretended to be an old lady and kind of absorbed that it is OK for people treat her in a negative way. I feel my daughter is absorbing withing the school that she is not terribly important or successful, so almost everything is ok..

So, I somehow feel that my daughter's personality changed, I afraid she won't be a leader, rather passive follower, is there anything at all I can do?

What do you think?

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Dumbest American children Hmm
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Dumbest American children. hmm
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm sorry this is obviously poor choice of the words. The question is about passiveness.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• This post makes no sence?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011