What should i pack?

my son has surgery thursday. im trying to get things together ahead of time so wednesday night comes we can relax and enjoy being with the rest of the family. im taking sweat pants and tshirt for him to go home in and some sippy cups that dont have the stoppers and the medicine dropper because he is like a little bird when you bring that out. but what kind of fun soothing things should i bring? he is only 21 months

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my kids both had their tonsils out when they were that age. just bring a favorite blanket or stuffed animal for the hospital and comfy clothes to come home in. bring a plastic bag for the car ride home!!! the anesthesia can make them sick. both my kids threw up on the way home. at home i had some new books and a new coloring book. i also stocked up on pain meds motrin and tylenol and also gatorade. not sure why your little one will be in the hospital. i also had to have lots of easy foods for them to eat like applesauce and popsicles. not red ones though! good luck :)
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My son just had surgery and he is 3. The only thing we brought is a blanket (his favorite) and a spongebob stuffed animal. The hospital gave him a sippy cup and animal crackers.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• they are keeping him over night because of his age and to make sure he dont dehydrate hes getting his tonsils and adnoids out
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2011