Nervous about visitation exchange

my ex and i absolutely cannot get along. tried just not happening. we go to court every 2 weeks over custody stuff. he has had supervised visitation for the past 2 years and is starting to get them unsupervised a little at a time. his first visit with them back to his house was supposed to be today from 4-7. we have to exchange the kids at the police dept. i was there at 350 and at 415 i called my lawyer to ask what to do. he said wait a few more minutes, at 430 i called my lawyer to ask what to do and he said i waited in the parking lot long enough and i could leave. now im nervous that ill get in trouble with the courts or something. it seems i do everything to the letter and i get screwed. 2 weeks ago he was supposed to take the kids and he cancelled that the day before. anyone deal with this?

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know exactly how you feel. Your lawyer knows you waited and therefore that's all that matters. Document every missed visit so when and if you go back to court, you can show the judge how flaky this person is. I go through this on a constant basis and I know it can be frustrating that you're doing everything you're suppose to do BUT the other person takes his responsibilities for granted but don't complain, be thankful that your child is with you and that's one less worry you have to deal with...good luck to you!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yeah, same problem with my ex. You won't get screwed. You did what u were supposed to do.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm sorry that happened. Half an hour is more than enough time to wait. That's on him and not you. I'd move for supervised visits again if I were you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011