Protein but not high bp...

I had toxemia with my first pregnancy 5 years ago, I have had high blood pressure since. I am on blood pressure medication. Today I felt horrible (hot, clamy, nausea, dizziness, headache, felt like i had blinders on, everything felt binding and I just wanted to lay on a cool floor) so I called my OB/GYN and he had me come in for a stress test, because after the nausea or vomiting would pass I'd have cramps and/or braxton hicks that in addition to passing some watery mucus last night.

So the good news is I am not leaking amniotic fluid (I'm either 33 or 35 weeks) and my blood pressure is fine, and the headache passed. The bad news is that I have protein in my urine, so they're stumped. I have to do a 24 hour urine collection, and had additional blood work. They mentioned that maybe I have a preexisting kidney condition that caused the hypertension, instead of the other way around, but they're stumped so I wanted to see who else has heard or experienced some symptoms of toxemia but bp has been fine?

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 5:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As long as your BP is normal, it may just be normal for you to spill some protein in your urine. I did the 24 hr. urine collection at the begining of my pregnancy since I have high BP too. No protein found but the DR. wanted a baseline to see what my body normally does. She said some people normally spill protein at different levels & it's no big deal as long as your BP is under control. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011