Do you think I can get disability if I have only seen the doc for a couple months?

I have back issues proven with an MRI. He prescribed PT , soma and vicodin. I want to apply for disability because I cannot sit or stand for more than a few moments at a time comfortably. I have only seen i doc a couple times and the neorosurgeon 1 time. Do you think I can get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• getting disability is an uphill battle, but it can't hurt to try
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No, they are going to want proof that you are trying to correct the problem, not just sitting at home bc you don't want to work. Are you still doing pt? Have you seen a pain management specialist? Have you tried any sort of pain patches? Do you know what is wrong with your back and how is it corrected??
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Nope you have to jump through a lot more hoops than that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• degenerative disc disease, disc protrusion, and slight scoliosis

have not seen pain mngt specialist but all they do is give crazy types of meds - not interested in being stoned all day
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• like what hoops?
    Anonymous

• IF it is fixable they will not give you disability,,I agree with PP, talk to a pain management person,, if they said no surgery, it is hightly unlikely you can get disability, you may need to contack a lawyer who specializes in disability suits.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Don't people who have surgery usually end up on disability anyways....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Not everyone who has surgery gets disability!! lol we'd have alot of lazy ppl out in this world if so. Not saying your lazy tho. Just stating how I feel.
    Anonymous

• You will more than likely get turned down, and when they do then you see a social security attorney and let them see if they can get it for you. In most cases they don't get paid unless you get approved. Just going by the experience my Sister went through for her fibromyalgia.
    Anonymous

• NO
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011