Would you use selective reduction if you found out you were having multiples?

We've found out we're having quads. I was originally excited and nervous but the doctor we have is telling me that selective reduction is our best option. I do NOT believe in abortion or reduction and I'm being made to feel like rubbish by our doctor because I will not do it, I am currently in the process of finding someone else who specialises in multiple births because I am disgusted. My husband thinks I'm overreacting.

Would you? What is your opinion on selective reduction? Our pregnancy is natural, no artifical methods used, just the normal procedure. We have one child who is 6. This information seems to be important to people for some reason!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I believe that if your pregnancy was all natural then this was God's will for you to have multiples and I would stand firm in my decision to have ALL of my children. Good luck mama and Congragulations
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't even think of it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would not consider selective reduction.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 5:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think your Dr. is an ass! You are doing the right thing by changing doctors!

Congrats to you and your growing family by the way!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i would not do it! i would do just like you are and find another doc. you would have to look at the children you give birth to and know that you killed another one of them. and how do you chose which one to abort? i couldnt do it. i would take my chances with nature and go for all 4. tell your husband hes welcome to kill his child when he has to give birth to it
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• no selective reduction. why is he pushing this on you? is your pregnancy in danger? have tests proven ill-fated??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think you should do exactly what you said! Find a VERY good OBGYN who specializes in multiples & dump your current OB. Go with a practice with mulitple Doctors. Best wishes!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That's just the thing dullscissors, our tests so far are all good, GREAT in fact for this stage with multiples, he's just saying it'd be safer and better for everyone. He's trying to play God in my eyes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't do it either, I'd find a new doctor. That is so exciting! Congrats!
    AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 5:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No way would I even consider it. Find yourself a good Dr who specialized in multiples and don't look back. I know Drs have to present your options but after that they should respect your decision. Good luck

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011