Spouse and parents?

does anyones parents not like their spouse? and what do you do about it. its so hard to be stuck in the middle, what do you do to deal with it?

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• hang out with them separately if you can. its typical
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My mmil doesn't like the fact that I stand up for myself. I'm not going to let someone tell me that I should be doing this or that. We have been debating on moving to a different state, of course the in laws made it all about them ( mil even texted my dh, " when are you taking our babies away from us" bs!) but when we talked to them about it I told them why, I'm sick of being stepped on and expected to take it, I'm sick of them holding the fact that we had money issues 3 years ago, over our heads. They keep saying money isn't everything, but then they say things like, what if something happens like after you had ds.... Oye!!! (sorry for the vent) anyways... Dh hates that we don't get along but sees my side. He won't tell his mom anything bc she will cry to dhs dad and then he will come and complain. Dh avoids situations that will make his mom and I butt heads... But know it bothers him, I'm not a door mat though....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my parents arnt in love with my husband. he did bring it upon himself but they are civil to him so its not an issue untill he pisses me off and i need to vent or get upset and then my parents go on about him.
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My husband annoys my mom at times.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My parents love my husband.. If they did not like my husband, I would have never married him.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I know A LOT of my husband's family doesn't like me. We remain civil and we keep words to one another short. I avoid conversations with them and I don't share my opinions as much as I can avoid it. I am very opinionated, outspoken, and straight forward, so it's not always easy for me to bite my tongue. However, when it comes to certain members of his family I just keep to myself. If they bring up drama and I feel I need to speak up, I will. However, usually I just leave them to their own and don't bring anything to a front if it doesn't need be.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My family is civil with my DF but they dont like him, which is his fault.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011