Autism & the gluten/casien free diet

Most doctors say this diet is a crock but most parents that have experienced the changes after starting their child the diet say it's worth it. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My neighbor's son is autistic AND allergic to gluten (celiac) and casien. If she hadn't told me he was autistic I would only have thought that he was a littlt bit odd. But he's a 10 year old boy, aren't they all a little odd?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If you have the money and time, why not try? It won't hurt him.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't know anything about this, but I have a friend whose son had behavioral issues for years and it turned out most of it was directly related to environmental allergies.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have heard of the diet, but have not tried it on my son. I think it is like everything else== you would have to try it and see if it works for you. I know some people have had luck with the diet, others tried it and it did not work for them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• This is something that I have been considering for my 5 year old son who has Autism Spectrum Disorder. At this point, Im willing to try anything thats safe to see some improvement. If it wont hurt him then its worth the risk! Hope it works out for you!
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 1:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• have heard of the diet, but have not tried it I think it is like everything else== you would have to try it and see if it works for you. I know some people have had luck with the diet, others tried it and it did not work for them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:34 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Trying it may help and can't hurt.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:11 PM on May. 21, 2011

• trying it wont hurt so why not
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:20 PM on May. 28, 2011