Why Moms?

moms rockWhy are we all so negative? Please share with everyone what your biggest issues are with other moms, that you can't possibly look over? And in the end, maybe being nicer will come easier!

PERSONALLY MY ISSUES I CANNOT OVERLOOK ARE:

neglect, abuse, dirty home, smoking in your house, dirty and hungry kids, and not disciplining. Also drugs are a major nogo. How about you? Te reason these bother me so much are becuse your child should be your # 1 concern, no matter what!  Now it is your turn.

EVERYONE PLEASE RESPOND, BUT NO BASHING, MAYBE WE CAN UNDERSTAND ONE ANOTHER MORE IF WE LISTEN AND EXPLAIN INSTEAD OF FIGHT !

JoLee12345

Asked by JoLee12345 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think that as long as a parent puts their child first and truly tries to do their best, then they're probably doing just fine. I have an issue with selfish parents or ones that treat their children badly. Mothers have SUCH a huge impact on their children for their entire lives. What we do now paves their way for relationships and stability in the future. I also have an issue with parents that don't spend enough time with their children. I'm not saying that everyone has to be a SAHM, but I think that it's important that children spend the majority of the time with at least one of their parents. I also have a problem with parents who allow their children to witness fighting or conflict in the home. Most of it is common sense, really. I think everyone needs to view things from their child's point of view.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I can't overlook someone mistreating their child. I can't overlook someone not staying home with their kids and partying instead. I can't overlook people who don't teach their kids manners and how to behave.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I spend little time judging others and more time trying to make my life better and parent my kid better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• first of all, you have to realize not everyone is the same, nor will everyone parent the same. that said, something you find objectionable about me or another mom, someone else may love and emulate.
    as i answered in another post (unrelated), if the child is healthy, striving, and happy..that's all that matters. obviously, illegal activity is illegal activity (drugs, abuse, neglect, etc.-from your list). or unhealthy environment..we don't want that for a pet, why would a child be any different?
    what may cause me to pause strictly parenting-wise would be the parent who sees no wrong in their child and does not discipline or teach their child that there are others in this world other than themselves. bratty kids come from that kind of neglect.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I can't overlook a child not in a car seat who should be. I can't overlook a close minded person who looks down on those with food stamps or on those who have their children are on medicaid. Not everyone is working the system.  I can't overlook those cooking drugs with a child in their care.  I definitely can't overlook a child being hurt or neglected in any way, shape, or form.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I understand your point dullscissors! I try not to judge, but the point of my ost was for everyone to vent and explain why they are so for or against something, and hopefully we can learn to understand each other better!
    JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I can't overlook people being cruel to their kids, teach their children to mind. I have health issues so my house is never spotless, but it's tended to. My husband works long hours and helps when he is home.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have to say things like abuse and neglect should really go without saying. But depending on your idea of a "dirty house" you most likely wouldn't like me... Personally, I can't stand controlling, overbearing parents who treat their children as if they are secondary citizens. Ear piercings and parents who don't do their research before opening their mouth...

Or frankly anyone who has no experience on a subject yet seems to have all the answers...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It is not that I wouldnt like you Sabrina, I guess as long as your home is not unsanitary I would overlook that! I am not sure, I do feel that cleanliness and neatness are important for a child to thrive, BUT this post is for everyone to say theri opinions! I highly respect yours also! PS I pierce my daughters ears at 3 monthes....lol Sooooo You and I jut disagree in some places, and THAT IS OKAY!
    JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 7:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• my issues are child abuse and neglect.. putting your child in a risky situation such as being messed up around your children, exposing them to people you dont truly know in your home.. (like bring some guy you just met at the bar home with your kid asleep in the next room).. BAD drivers!!!!!!! Fathers that do little or nothing for their kids and moms that complain when some of us other moms try to get CS from such fathers. Piercing infants ears(i could go on the risks that includes and how badly that irks me). people against breastfeeding moms. and pro-life mothers who call ALL abortions murder. (while i'm not pro abortion i feel there are situations that unless you've been there you have no right to judge). I'm also not a fan of large questionable dogs around babies and children.. (questionable being like pit bulls or rots etc).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2011