Did you know that mother nature should have the same rights as humans?

Van Jones, the Obama administration's controversial former "green jobs czar," has found a new calling: helping to push for a new, global architecture of environmental law that would give Mother Nature the same rights status as humans....

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/25/obama-adviser-van-jones-helping-push-rights-mother-nature/

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Did the dipshidiot happen to clarify if that is all of Ma Nature, or just the 'born' parts? I mean, what about seeds? What about the winter snow/ice that hasn't melted into a river yet? I'd even question how he felt about all those seedlings ... they've sprouted, but those three little leaves haven't yet reached their full potential to produce tomatoes.

I'd also like to know where he stands on things like tornadoes and hurricanes ... not to mention the oddball lightening that whacks people and buildings/trees.

How about Ma's diversity that all those factory farms (that feed us) destroy to plant single crops or crowd a gazillion cows into an acre?

Last ~ food. Are we all to become mandatory breatharians to not trample Ma's rights?

Sorry ... dunno whether to laugh or just go beat my head on one of Ma's trees.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• so..she does exist!!!

seriously? who's cosigning this, Gore??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• n a 2008 pamphlet his entourage distributed at the UN as he attended a summit there, ten “commandments” are set out as Bolivia’s plan to “save the planet” — beginning with the need “to end with capitalism.”

http://www.canada.com/story_print.html?id=4597992&sponsor=
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Considering Lettuce comes in the form of a Head, can I no longer eat salad?
    And potatoes have eyes, are baked potatoes a thing of the past?
    And those damn mushrooms, I guess we'll have to take them out of the dark now. Rights and all...
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• They take away my shrooms, that is a call for war. Almost time to go hunting.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It sounds like a huge payday for all the lawyers that will be needed to represent Mother Earth around the world! Dang maybe my husband is right..maybe I should point my life in a new direction and go to law school.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• marxist extraordinaire...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• What has mother nature got to do with marxism , Wanda ?

Marx was a voluminous writer but I don't think mother nature was one of his topics

It is just a tool for control, Janet. Or does that venture over your head?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The number one goal is to end capitalism. As stated by the standard they are following.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Next will come the law suits when Mother Nature decides to sue us for neglect or something. As usual, someone with the power to influence others taking things to an extreme.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 8:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011