My sons teacher

Apparently she is claiming my son doesn't do her work in class,my son is in the 6th grade and he has told me he is doing his work. He even cries,which isn't like my son. He also told me that she grabbed him by his neck,and that she yells at him a lot,and make shim go to skills for no reason. I've been in to talk to her and she claims she loves him, ya right. MY kids have been going to the same school all their life and so we know most of the teachers and couple of them go to my church. Their must be something going on in class that I don't get why would my son not do his work? I've talked to my son and he has fell behind but I've also requested that he miss one recess to catch up on work. I feel like screaming at her cause its my kid she is messing with,I've talked to tons of other kids too that went their years ago and had her as a teacher and the kids all say that she does nothing but yell. Should I believe that she grabbed my child around his neck? She will say she is making it up so I dont know what all I can do. It old him to deal with it school is almost out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you ever thought of wiring him for sound. Recording the whole day to find out what is going on? or sending someone into the class he does not know and she does not know to figure it out?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If you child is not the lying type I would believe my child.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If it were me, I would take it to the principal. I would try to get to the bottom of what's going on, and if the teacher insists nothing is happening, but my son said something was, I'd back my son.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would call the principal and demand a meeting..bring suportive back up with you so they dont bully you and talk thier way out of it either.If your gut tells you your child is telling the truth about it...back him up.I would.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• This is your time to step up and be the Momma Bear that takes no shit concerning your son. No one and I mean no one at my child's school will lay a hand on my child and get away with it. Unless and until your son gives you a reason to not believe his words assume he's telling you the absolute truth and still hiding/downplaying what's going on. You have a precedent already: former students say she yells a lot. Be the squeaky wheel in this case, stand up and defend your son.

You could also consider assault charges against her. Talk to your local police station to see what your options are. Around here any unwanted physical contact, even a feather light touch on the shoulder, can be considered assault.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011