Would you consider this to be "normal" for a 9 month old?

My DD's right foot curves severely inward, towards her left leg/foot. I talked to her dr. about it and he marked it off as "normal" for her age, I mentioned that, to me, it looks like it is clubbed foot; but the dr. still said it was "normal" for a 9 month old's feet to do that and that it should resolve itself. I'm planning on getting a second opinion sometime this week, but I was wondering if this is actually a "normal" thing for a infant of DD's age?

CJessB1007

Asked by CJessB1007 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm glad your getting the 2nd opinion. I don't know if its normal or not..I can only say from my own experiences..out of my 3 children I never noticed anything like you are describing.
    Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I never noticed that with DS (he is 4) either. I'm seriously thinking about switching pediatrician's for my kids. The sad thing is their pediatrician now is supposed to be the best in the area.
    CJessB1007

Comment by CJessB1007 (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have never heard of that being normal, and I have 4 kids. One of whom is 9 months old. I pray everything turns out ok with your baby girl...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My son was like that, and my daughter still is like that. .As long as when you turn your babies foot normal there is no resistance then it isn't anything to worry about. I wouldn't worry to much though!!
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 1:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• get a second opinion.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 4:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You are right, its not normal. Find a doc that will listen to you. Having a foot turned in is going to keep your baby from walking normally too. She should have braces now.
    TWOpeazINaPOD

Answer by TWOpeazINaPOD at 9:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2011