What do you think about the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michael's

I have the workout DVD, I did it twice but then stopped. I had a fairly easy time with it, I just need to stick with the program. What do you think of the shred?

CJessB1007

Asked by CJessB1007 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I liked it for the motivation but I have always been told that you shouldn't exercise the same muscle groups each day or it's counterproductive.

I started a new program that I am really liking. The Firm Express Fit in 30. It is 12 dvds, 20 minutes at a time, 3 days a week. I am on week 2 and am still going strong. I love that in a month's time that I'm not repeating a single workout so it's not boring.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't do it every day, but I do it after a run sometimes, or if the weather is really nasty out. I like it, and it gives me a decent workout, unlike most other DVDs out there.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I detest it... it bores me to tears and I don't find it challenging at all. I prefer Beachbody products: Insanity, P90X, etc...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Ditto mcginnisc...I'm not a fan of her workouts. I prefer something intense, yet still kind of fun. Love Beachbody stuff, Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire in particular. If you don't like the workouts you do, you will not keep doing them, so it's very important to find something you enjoy!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Ya know I've done the workouts, when I first started it killed me, I couldn't do it. Then I started Insanity, which makes Jillian seem like a wimp. When I tried one of her workouts over the weekend just to see the difference it was like I was doing nothing.

Seriously, the beachbody workouts like Insanity, P90x, TurboFire, etc, etc are the way to go: Beachbody

I lost 5 pounds in my first week, yes it's leveled off now, but i've also finally went down to a lose size 12 from a 14 (which i've been stuck at for years)

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would love to try P90X, Insanity, TurboFire and the others. I just don't have the money right now to purchase them. I tried the Firm but it didn't work for me.
    CJessB1007

Comment by CJessB1007 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011