Do you think that Japan is safe to return to?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 6:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. They have still not gotten the power plants under control.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Nope, from what I've read, it will never be
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• ummmm .... no! The contaminated area will be a ghost town for decades.
    Anonymous

• Not anywhere near the nuclear plant that has yet to be brought under control. Not sure exactly how wide-spread the impact is, but it can't be good. Unfortunately, our LAMESTREAM media has long-stopped talking about it.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If I had the money, I would go there right now. I went to a fund raiser for Japan a few weeks ago. A woman from Tokyo was visiting here and heard about the concert and stopped by to see what it was all about. The MC asked her to talk to us a little bit about her experiences in Japan. She has a friend in Northern Japan who says it's not as bad as the media says. Yes, if you go hang out near the Fukushima Daiichi plant, you're going to need to be concerned. However, there isn't much to be concerned about in the rest of Japan. No reason to not travel there if you have the resources and desire to do so.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes, I believe it is , And if you bothered to watch CNN Lori, you will find there is regular coverage .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Depends on where one is returning to. Tokyo? I think it is safe.
    Okinawa has always been safe. Osaka is safe. Given what is going on and where and anyone who is truly following the events~ would not categorize the entire nation as either safe or unsafe.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Actually Janet, my sil (japanese national) has evacuated and is here with my nephew while he finishes school here~ even when watching CNN she noted~ it's not totally accurate. She said it's condensed so much, they are not reporting it completely accurate many times. So, IMO~ I would go relying on CNN as the say all.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Wouldn't go relying.

;)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• As long as you don't go near the site
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011