My son is 4 now and still not fully potty trained???????????????

The worst part is that he knows when he needs to go he will pee in the toilet even standing no mess but he will only poop when he feels like it in the toilet ....... I will sit him there and then he won't go but will go in the living room and just poop in his pants I have tried everything , stickers, stars, lolipops what do I do I need help ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rayraysmom

Asked by rayraysmom at 6:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What about a big reward? I.E. He gets a certain big toy after 30 days (don't have to be in a row, in case he has an accident or two)of only going in the toilet, and only gets to KEEP said toy if the days that follow he continues to go in the potty.
    Anonymous

• I think potty training is one of the hardest things to teach. I have 2 boys. It wasn't easy. Just keep at it, Mama!
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My son was 4-4 1/2 when he was finally potty trained. What finally stopped him pooping in his pants was to let him squat on the toilet seat. After a conversation after dinner one day I discovered we had monsters in our toilet that wanted to get him/his poop. And it was an instantaneous thing too. Showed him how to get up on the seat safely and he never pooped in his pants again.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My daughter had to wear pull-ups until the age of seven. My daughter's a totally ok teenager.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 6:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I ask him f he has to go potty and he will say Noooo.. I take him anyway he pees so I ask if he has to poopy he says yes will sit play on the toilet ,sing, call the cat and even say he is done but nothing and then go in his pants ugh! he goes in school thought wth?
    rayraysmom

Comment by rayraysmom (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011