No

I am a smoker, I hate it, wish I could quit. I have tried many times. When my kids were little I never really worried about it, but now my kids are 11, and 12. I do not want them to smoke but every time I talk to them about not smoking, I feel like a Hippocrate, but I don't want my children making that mistake.

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• e cigarette. It's an electronic cigarette that gives you little doses of nicotine that slowly will help the cravings go away. You can smoke it in publin places or in ur home because it doesn't hive off second hand smoke. My uncle stopped smoking with this and he's been a smoker for 45 years.Show ur kids that it is a struggle and that you want better for them and tell them that you regret the decision. good luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Remember that children learn by example, but maybe if you harp on how wrong you have been they might turn away from it.

Answer by older at 6:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• sorry so many typos.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If you don't want to smoke, don't smoke. I sympathise that it's hard, but it's also REALLY important!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My man told me I could either have the cigarette or him but not both. It was worth quitting.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Youre not being a hypocrite..you want better for them than you. Tell them that. Tell them you are speaking from experience. You can also pull up all kinds of things on the internet to show them what happens to a smokers lungs. If you want to quit smoking, that would be a great example.
    Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I hear that Chantix (US)/Champix (Canada) is a great help to quit smoking. You start the med and for the first week you still smoke while it builds up in your system, then you take it for a couple of weeks-months while you finish getting rid of the cravings and addiction.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011