This is for Christians only please (part one)

NO BASHING PLEASE I don’t want to offend anyone I just have a question. As a Christian do you think its okay to lie? 1john 3:8 brings out that those who lie originate with the devil for the devil has been lying from the beginning of time…… So with this said is it okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• NO!
    TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 12:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think you answered your own question. No, it is not ok to lie!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No.. it's not okay to lie. But it's not okay to commit any sin. But we are steal flesh and we war against our flesh and we are not perfect and we slip and fall and have to get up... repent, ask for forgiveness and do not continue in sin.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No its not okay to lie, but sometimes to salvage someones feelings or if it will keep you alive you need to.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, I respectfully disagree with Anon 12:55. All lies (sin) end up causing some kind of problem in the long run. If someone asks you your opinion, you should do everything you can to kindly tell them what you think, but you should not lie to them. And imo, lying to "keep you alive" is a lack of faith in God to protect you.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• a sin is a sin
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• A lie is a lie and a sin is a sin and a lie is a sin!!! I agree that the Bible scripture you quoted really did already answer your question. Just trust God's Word and you will not go wrong... it is when we begin to question if we can manipulate it to suite our needs and desires that we tend to get into trouble of the worst kind!
    LoveWiseCouncel

Answer by LoveWiseCouncel at 1:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No it's not ok to lie.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• There is a difference between lying and giving your children joy-if thats what you are getting at. I will lie to high heaven to see the magic in my daughters eyes!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• hmm....and how many of you have really never said ONE lie?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008