So Mother's Day is coming anyone else.......

allowing their stepkids to spend time with a "mom' who isn't raising them? Dh has custody she gets supervised visits. Mother's Day falls on our weekend this year and there is nothing in writing that says he has to let them go. If it weren't for me trust me he wouldn't send them. She pulls dramatic bs all year but i guess there is a small part of me that pitties her. Last year she punished my one ss for the whole 3hr visit for asking why they had to spend the day with her when she doesn't take care of them? So this year i REALLY feel guilty with them going. I guess its other little stuff that bugs me this time of year too you know when she tries to play parent like taking the boys for haircuts that they don't need its like HELLO who do you think takes them the rest of the year? I know i need to let that sort of stuff go. So anyone else having to deal with this sort of thing...advice appreciated.

Genice6

Asked by Genice6 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• im sort of in the same situation i send the kids as court ordered and nothing else. you have to be careful to set a precedent. if you send them this year youll have to do it next year or the next holiday. especially if shes not that great a parent. do whats best for the kids. sounds like staying with you would be the best thing to do.
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011