Would this hurt your feelings?

I had my scan and my mom amd MIL went with us. I have a 5 year old daughter and my husbands sister has a daughter. So of course my in laws were hoping for a boy. After they told us this was another girl and we were waiting to see the Dr. my MIL says "I am glad i didn't buy that blue bear I saw the other day". I can't get it off my mind. I am thinking okay now where is the pink bear for the baby????? My MIL spoils us all and buys my daughter clothes, candy, books for Easter. She even bought me a GUESS pocketbook and I figured she would have bought a little something for the baby, I don't expect it, I just know how she is. But she didn't buy her anything. I can't help but think if this was a boy, they would already be buying stuff and it upsets me thinking this girl will be treated different because she wasn't a boy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nah, I wouldn't read into it just yet.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't be upset. After all, they were hoping for a boy, would you expect them to buy both a blue and pink one before they even knew the sex?
    how do you know that she isn't planning on getting stuff but just being cautious until they are sure that it's a girl?

pregnancy hormones are hell. Breathe! She will be loved and doted on just as if she were going to be a boy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Honestly, I think it was very innocent and won't mean that she will treat this girl in the family any different.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No I would go out and get that bear sorry momma ((((HUGS)))) my mom wanted my second son to be a girl but he was a boy and she is cordial to him but thats all.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think you are over thinking it.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it my grandpa waited over 40 years before he got his first boy. She may be a little disappointed but give her sometime to get used to the idea and by the time the baby is born she'll probably totally forget she was hoping for a boy.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• When I am pregnant- everything hurts my feelings... but I get pretty hormonal and tend to overreact sometimes:)
    I wouldn't take what your MIL said to heart- My mom, MIL, etc. didn't buy anything for my daughter before she was born (second child, first was a boy). I think second babies aren't as doted on during the pregnancy.

Congratulations on having another beautiful baby girl!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011