Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

If I presented my case well could I get custody of my daughter's children over their biological father?

My grandchildren are 12, 10, 9, 4, 3 and 6 months. My daughter has recently spiralled into depression - mainly due to the man she was with. He is scum. He has ANOTHER family and comes and sleeps with my daughter, throws money at her, then leaves. He visits her once a week and his wife knows about it this, she thinks it's fine as long as it makes him happy when he's with her. I have always hated this set up but have never been able to change it because my daughter was an adult who was able to make her own decisions. She has decided she is not well enough to look after her children and dropped them here after she was beaten up for what feels like the thousandth time by that man. I have called the police on him before but he denies ever being there and my daughter always denies any charges put against him. She has been put into hospital for a while after being evaluated as being a severe case.

I hate this man, he is violent, he is 14 years older than my daughter and he doesn't even know his own children. He is just someone who comes and has sex with their mother and gives her the money to live off after. He is not a nice man and as my daughter could be out of action for years I think it's in the childrens' best interests if he is far far away.

Can I do anything to not let him get them? My daughter actually contacted him and said to him to love them and give them everything so I'm worried he'll be over here to fetch them at some point. She's still convinced he's a saint...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (8)
  • Go down to the courthouse and file for a restraining order then go down to the courthouse to see who is the pro bono attorney also get them a GAL Guardian ad lid em start working to get custody of them.


    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • Th retraining order will keep him at bay until you get the attorney in place to start fighting for custody.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • sorry restraining order

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • Unfortunately this is a sick world we live in where sick and twisted parents have all the rights in the world. It will be a very hard fight and u may lose in the end. Do what u need to do and I wish u luck.

    Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • I do wish you all the luck in the world. Ideally the children's father will willingly sign TPRs for all the children thereby making it a simple quick easy process. If not then you will need to prepare for battle knowing that courts/judges overwhelming think the bios are always the best choice. I truly wish it wasn't so.


    Answer by meooma at 8:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • Is he on their birth certificate??? Are they in counseling, maybe at school?? The older ones MAY be able to testify to having seen dad his mom. Is CPS involved yet, you might end up needing them ... not sure.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • P.S. if he's not on their birth certificate he's SOL... he has to GO to the COURT and prove paternity. Hav eyou Baker Acted her for depression. If you truly feel shes' suicidal you may need to call the cops and have her taken to the hospital.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • hugs


    Answer by sherribeare at 11:47 AM on May. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.