V-smile or Leapster?

My son's Clickstart just died, just after the warranty. It left a bad taste in my mouth for Leap Frog stuff, their customer service really stinks! Instead of replacing the computer, we were thinking of getting him a hand held one for long road trips instead.

A friend of mine had the v-smile for her daughter and she loved it. But I see that it's hard to find. Are they discontinuing it? My friend has about five games we can have if we buy the system, so finding games won't be difficult for us.

The Leapster looks nice too, but again, it's from Leap Frog, and I'm not impressed with them. But it seems smaller, yet easier for a four year old to handle.

My son will be four next month.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids have the handheld V-smile, they really like them. I know that Target isn't carrying them, but I think Wal-mart still does, they still sell the games. Toys R Us definitely does.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my son has the leapster, he loves it. i have a couple of v-smile games my MIL bought him...she doesn't realize the difference between the 2 lol...so they're sitting in a box somewhere.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• leapster... Love it!!!
    SamMom912

Answer by SamMom912 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I was talking about the v smile pocket. Sorry! That's what I'm having a hard time finding. It's on Walmart's website, but it's out of stock. I didn't see on on Toys R Us or Target. I'll keep searching.
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My daughter has a Leapster. It's lasted for years now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my son has them both and grew bored quick but we got him the MOBIGO and he loves it wants to take it everywhere look it up I think it is great and you can download games for free online!
    rayraysmom

Answer by rayraysmom at 8:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011