birth control - iuc

i recently got the iuc on the 26 and im having too much bleeding they told me it would happen but i just think its too much i had just finish my period that day i went to get the iuc but when the iuc was inserted ive been bleeding ever since is this still normal? for those who have used it, what have been your experiences with the iuc good and bad?

_MORENA_

Asked by _MORENA_ at 12:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• well I have a few more question is it heavy bleeding? exactly when did you get it incerted? have you had sex since you had it incerted? and did you get minerea? I had light bleeding for a 10days and the last 4 days it was more spotting than bleeding. I didn't have sex for the whole ten days because it can lead to infection and more bleeding in the frist two weeks( doctor told me this) but I have had it for 7 months now my period is only three days and I have minerea. OH and if you have minerea it does have hormones in it and you maybe bleeding because if that too. but if your bleeding is super heavy call your doctor
    Anonymous

• Your dr. should have told you that you can spot for up to 12 weeks after insertion. I did for almost 3 months...
    Anonymous

• i have paraguard, its not that heavy well kinda i got it on the 26, i havent had sex because of the bleeding
    _MORENA_

Answer by _MORENA_ at 1:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008