To spank or not to spank?

Tell me what you think mommies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I will spank when it is necessary. Not all the time, for every little thing, but for something major, yes. And I am not talking all out rage, hitting my child. I don't believe you should punish your child in any form when you are angry. I am talking a couple firm slaps on her little booty (she is 7 months....this obviously is not happening now. But at toddler age - yes).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i'm all for spanking. sometimes they just need a pop on the butt
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• After 3 times of a firm "NO" and him turning, smiling and doing it anyways... then yes, I spank!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Depends on the situation-I spank when nothing else works
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I prefer other methods of discipline. I was beaten as a child and my mother had serious anger management issues, so for me, spanking really isn't an option. i don't want my kids to feel about me the way I feel about my mother, which is no respect and I just see her as a sad individual that refused to control herself.
    I realize there is a difference in spanking and beating your child when angry and a swat on the hind end to get your child's attention. I just feel better about myself as a parent to not spank or hit my child.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I AM ALL FOR SPANKING. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ABUSE AND DISCIPLINE.
    BUT SO MANY PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO SPANK AND SO AGAINST IT, AND THE MAJORITY HAVE UNRULY KIDS....
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008