Ahahaha... I just lit my pot holder on fire on accident ....

anyone else done anything stupid/funny in the kitchen?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• 8 Mo. prego and reached up to get some spices and burned the bottom of my belly an the burner! (Not bad just too funny trying to get used to that big ole belly) LOL
    sissy15

Answer by sissy15 at 3:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I totally burnt a bamboo spatula. I turned the burner 'off' (I really just turned it to low) and threw the spatula on top of it. I was rinsing the noodles and thought I smelled wood burning... oops.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I melted a plastic spider (wide surface area tool used to scoop things out of hot oil).

Just recently I went to boil water on the back burner, and at the same time, clean the drip pans under the 2 front burners. Only I turned the wrong burner on for the water and wound up with burns/blisters on my thumbs and index fingers. Ouch.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I lit a towel on fire that I was using as a pot holder on Christmas morning.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• all the time
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I melted a plastic spoon. Put it too close to the flame. lol

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i use to have these burner cover things and i went to make tea and forgot about them being there, i had the burner on high and put the pot on top .i started to smell smoke when i went to see the whole thing was melted so i picked it up and the whole burner was stuck to the damn thing.it fell on to my laminite floor .needless to say i now have a perfect burner circle on my floor.btw it was a week after we moved in.its still there lol.
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I've done worse I put on boiling water for pasta, went and watched tv an hour later I go check on the pasta and its not even bubbling so I look around confused I looked and it turns out I forgot to put the fire on so my son ended up eating cereal for dinner that night lol
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• haha too funny
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• oh no!! OWW!!! Burns are the worst! I once decided to cook when I was drinking and burned my side on a pan.... embarassing lol
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011