So...sperm or mucus plug? :x adult content

I haven't had any spotting throughout this pregnancy which I thought was kind of weird because last time I would every time after sex. Now I'm just over 38 weeks and noticed after hubby and I had sex there was a lot of thick, brown/light pink stuff coming out. There were even a couple small clumps (sorry, gross I know). I put on a pad just to see if anything else came out afterwards, but at this point I'm not really sure what it was. Anyway, the sex wasn't rough at all. I'm a lot more sensitive while pregnant so we're actually pretty "nice" with sex now haha. The only thing that I could think of that would cause the spotting is he was a little rough with the foreplay? I just couldn't see that actually causing any sort of cut though. Any advice or personal experience would help ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it's normal to have spotting after sex...even nice sex lol. found that out with my first pregnancy
    Anonymous

• it is normal to spot because the cervix is swollen just be carful it will be ok it you start labor your far enough along congrats I love the babay stage
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Ya but I haven't spotted ONCE since becoming pregnant this time. That's what kind of gave me the idea, plus the fact that there were a couple small clumps of...stuff...haha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If it was thick I would think it was your plug....you're considered full term though, so don't worry. Hopefully you'll have a baby soon.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm hoping that it was the start of it coming out! Doesn't that mean that I've started dilating for it to come out?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011