7 year birthday question?

My daughter has her 7 year birthday party coming up and I want to know if people bringing gifts, if I should budget out how much they spend on gift and if it invitation or let it go?

SarahLouise508

Asked by SarahLouise508 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, I don't think it is a good idea to give a 'spending limit' Just eave it. People will bring what they want. The only thing that I could see is maybe saying 'gifts are appreciated but not expected.'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The only ones that spend alot are my parents/inlaws, but they are grandma/grandpa. No one else tends to spend alot so I don't mention it on the invites at all.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 7:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't mention gifts at all.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would not set a limit as most will not over spend on a gift anyway.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• No I think people would be very offended, just put the party info and leave it at that. They will do what they feel is right. Do other people you know do this? I have never heard of it.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 11:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree, don't mention gifts. It's as if you're expecting them.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I've seen this type of question in Manners advice columns in magazines many times. The advisors always reply, DON'T mention gifts in the invitation at all. If individuals call and ask about what your daughter would like, you could give them specific ideas, but otherwise, don't mention gifts. On the other hand, when guests are there, you should prepare your daughter to act equally gracious about ALL of the gifts, in case some people don't spend as much as others or don't bring the type of gifts your daughter likes!
    NickiKidsOnGo

Answer by NickiKidsOnGo at 6:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011