Is there any way to repair a sound input cord?

I have no idea what the technical term is for it, so I apologize if you have no clue what I'm talking about.  My son's clicstart broke.  The sound input does not work, and I called customer service and spent 30 minutes trouble shooting in order to be told it's broken, cannot be fixed, and they won't replace it.  This is the clickstart, in case you were wondering: 

http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/jump/ClickStart%22-My-First-Computer/productDetail/ClickStart-Systems/lfprod22325/cat120006?selectedColor=&selectedSize=&navAction=jump&navCount=0&categoryNav=false

Anyway, the console plugs into the TV, and there's a white and yellow input cord that is for the picture and sound.  The sound one seems to be damaged, and I have no idea how.  It doesn't look damaged, it just doesn't work.

Sorry for sounding like an idiot.  Apparently I'm technologically inept.  lol

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Technology

• Cut off the damaged portion, splice the cord, twist the wires, insert, hopefully good as new.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 9:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Problem is, I have no idea what's damaged. It looks brand new.
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You know what I do at times with a techy questions. I go to Best Buys and ask them questions because they usually have young people working there and do run into problems like these and might know how to fix the problem. Go there and ask them. It you have a camera take a picture of the product to explained to them what you are taking about. GL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2011