When you shop for clothes for yourself, do you go by size or can you just tell what will fit?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/business/25sizing.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&hpw=&adxnnlx=1303776000-+gH+A+7VHZ7OV6B26IArzg

Link to article on the problems women face trying to determine clothing sizes ~

tasches

Asked by tasches at 8:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I go by size because it is usually a perfect fit.

Answer by older at 8:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i know what 'cut' or shape works best for my body, and i generally know the size, although due to different designers sizing being argumentally and aggravatingly different, you still have to try them on. some things fit good in one area, but not in others (length, for example) and can be tailored to fit properly. sometimes the cost of altering a tuck here or a hem there is just a matter of a few dollars from your local dry cleaner, and can really add value to the piece..that is, if it is made well and is of good quality. i wouldn't bother taking something from Old Navy in for alterations.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I know my range in sizes (because every designer's clothes are cut differently) so I start there BUT I have to try absolutely everything on because of different fits amongst their clothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i go by both every piece of clothing is different
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2011