too much sleep?

My 4 month old sleeps 6 to 8 hours at night, eats stays up an hour or so and naps for and hour or so he will eat every 3 hours but keep the same pattern most of the day he is usually up a couple hours or more just before he goes to bed for the night.
he is a good baby and is happy most of the time, i just wanted to see if others felt like it was to much sleep, I read like 10 hours at night and 5 through the day, so i feel its ok and i feel very lucky. I dont remember my other 2 sleeping so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My Kaylee slept that much, usually an hour or two more if she was in a growth spurt. At first I was worried, but the doctor said it was all alright :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• they set there own times my frist child didn't sleep thur the night until after she was one and my second did at 3 months and she likes to nap evey three hours and will eat when ever she see food and she is 8 months I think it is ok unless he is putting on a lot of weight way to fast or he starts to be slow and not very play full when he is awake
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 9 months and she sleeps 13 hrs at night (6pm-7am) and 3 to 5 hrs per day. I'm not sure if your worried that he's sleeping TOO much (which he's not) or if he's generally on a bad schedule. If your having a problem organizing his naps...Try to get him up at the same time every day and try to get him to stay up at least 2 hours before his first nap. He should sleep the same amount of time as he's awake. Ex...up 2 hours, sleep two hours, up 2 hours, sleep 2 hours. Wake him up if he sleeps longer than 4 hours at one time during the day. This worked for me. If your not having that kind of trouble...don't worry, he's certainly not sleeping too much. Babies develop when they're asleep. Some are just better sleepers than others! Count your blessings!
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• my son goes to bed between 9-10 and doesnt wake up til 9 and then naps for about 5 hours through out the day =) not too much
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• my 5 mo sleeps 12 at night and 6 during the day--not to much--they figure out their own schedule--some are better sleepers than others
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• my son is now 20 months old and has always loved his sleep. He is sleeping anywhere from 10-12 hours at night. He's up for about 3 hours and goes down for a nap that last anywhere from 1.5-3 hours. He has always napped well and slept a long time at night. He is full of energy when he's up and growing like a week. At 18 months he was off the charts for height. I too have worried that he was getting too much sleep but he's fine. I'm sure yours is fine also.
    2mommies4g

Answer by 2mommies4g at 2:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008