I'm ready to give up!!! CDing.

So I have been cloth diapering my son for about 8 months. I switched him because he was breaking out from disposables. I use the Flip system (hybrid) and I'm getting really irritated with them! I love the way they work, they fit nice, they don't leak there very easy that way. But I can't get the stink out of them! I have tried what I think is everything... changed detergent from bumgenious to thirsties super wash. I have tried adding vinegar, baking soda, and Rockin green ammonia bounce to my washes. I have soaked them in as hot a water as I could get with Dawn blue dish soap rinsed each one (by hand) and then rinsed them several (6-8) times in the washer. And now not only do my liners stink but the covers are holding alot of nasty smell now also.. I can only use the cover once before it stinks so bad I have to wash it.

I am so prepared to try huggies pure and natural disposables and hope to god whatever it was that was making him breakout is gone... wishful thinking I guess.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has any suggestions... I have devoted alot of hours trying to make these diapers smell better and am willing to try a few more things before I throw in the towel.

Finkette

Asked by Finkette at 8:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ugh, that sounds frustrating. I don't know what else to suggest, but I'll give you a bump for more responses and cross my fingers that you find a solution, even if it means getting back to the disposables.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• :) Hopefully someone has a solution in the cloth diapering group. I had dd in disposables today (while I tried stripping my cloth diapers) and it was the first day in a long time I didn't check her diaper every 15 minutes b/c she smelled like poo... but I do notice a different type of stench coming from disposable diapers...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Bleach solution
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No idea at all, sorry. Here's a bump for you!
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 9:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011