Hello, everyone! What brand of diaper rash cream/treatment do you recomend?

I'm from Brazil and a friend of mine is going to the US, and I want her to bring me some.

MariannaFantini

Asked by MariannaFantini at 8:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honestly i usually just use baby vaseline for diaper rashes. its just like a&d ointment which i also like to use sometimes. also, i put them in a bath of aveeno oatmeal and then after the bath, let them run around with nothing on for as long as possible, then apply the vaseline.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• destine (sp?)always worked good for me.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 8:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• its called butt paste it works wonders
    serenitysmom20

Answer by serenitysmom20 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Thanks. Yes, there are so many products, I'm a little lost. I don't know if i get that Desitin Creamy or Desitin Original... Or A+D... :)
    MariannaFantini

Comment by MariannaFantini (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• A&D ointment I bought the big jar and used it for more than diaper rashes, like cuts because it heals all wounds fast. I switched from the white creamy stuff like destitin and butt paste because it doesn't stick to the baby's skin . I highly recommend this product. Only thing though is it has slightly pungent smell but nothing bad.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i like the desitin creamy. smells way better than the original
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Bouderoux's Butt Paste (available at WalMart and Target), California Baby Butt Cream (available at Target), LuSa Organics Booty Balm (available online or in some cloth-diapering stores)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• For day to day Desitin. For bad diaper rash.. Dr. Smiths Diaper ointment.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am a huuuuuuge proponent of Aquaphor. My mom used it on me and my brothers 30-somethingsomething years ago, and I used it on both of my kids. Works GREAT. We bought it by the tub.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I always used Desitin Creamy. It applies better than Desitin (accidentally bought a tube and HATED it), it also does not stink to high heaven. And the Desitin Creamy I could see it working from diaper change to diaper change. My daughter especially would get diaper rashes easily, and they would become open sores. Desitin Creamy I could apply as thick as needed and cause her minimal pain.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011