If I plan to nurse or even if I use formula can I use one bottle if I use the drop ins?

Ok so I plan on breast feedin and I am a sahm and rarely have a sitter, but want to get bottles just incase I do go out or something, but if I buy the bottles that has the drop in liners can I live on using only one bottle? Or should I get more? What about if for some reason I am unable to nurse and I get that bottle can I go with only using that one bottle or should I get more? If so how many more? Nursing I plan on using the milk storage bags to put in the freezer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never had less than three 8 oz bottles for emergencies. One bottle will get brittle quickly if you have to use it. I never fooled with 4 o bottles..they were a waste of time to ,me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• ya I was going to just buy the 8 oz even if I put only 2-4 oz in them because I figured it would be a waste of money because before you know it they will be eating more than 4 oz lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• U could but there are gonna be times when u r tired and want to pull a ready made bottle out of the fridge and the other one is dirty.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If you have a pump, you will probably either get 2 bottles with the pump or need to buy a couple that fit it. But if you are using the bags for storage, those will go in like the "drop ins"...then you'll have the bottles from your pump as a back up.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• well actually someone gave me a breast pump it has the bottles they are probably 2 and 4 oz bottles, but none of them have lids for them. I didn't know the milk freezer bags can go in the bottles. Do I have to buy a certain kind or do they all fit?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think they mostly all fit just fine. You can buy some extra rings and nipples at Babies-r-us or other places like that that would probably fit those bottles though. They aren't too expensive.

Also, I would buy a variety of nipples too...they are a couple or few dollars a pack, but my kids were VERY picky on what they would take when they weren't nursing...and don't forget you might also be doing juice occasionally from the bottles unless you plan on doing that straight from a sippy cup...and for that I would recommend the silicone topped sippies to start.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• thank you. And ya I always atarted my kids on the silicone sippies. I have 2 other girls and that was what I started them off with first.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am on my fourth child and breastfed all but my first one. Had an issue with getting her to latch because I was swollen. Either way, I as I said I am on my fourth child and first year has a bottle thats a lifesaver out called breastflow. I always keep three bottles and with my last child she breastfed for 18 months and never once even used a bottle. I found with this baby I had to pump twice already and with this bottle she doesn't get nipple confusion. My son (second child) had a bad time with nipple confusion because he had that reflux and I had to pump bottles for him sometimes. My advice, get the breastflow bottles and you should be fine. Good Luck with breastfeeding. Its a joy for bonding and the babies health.
    RayneStorm3

Answer by RayneStorm3 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If you plan on an occasional bottle, I'd get 2-3 bottles to have on hand. Remember that if baby is eating, milk should be removed from your breasts, so if you use a bottle for a feeding, you should be pumping around that time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I always keep at least 2 on hand just in case. Make sure you have lots of nipples for the bottles stocked up though, because they go pretty quickly.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 1:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2011