11 yr old w/ rash opinions please

it started on his chest and in just a few mins has spread to arms back and legs no fever not cold like symptoms I've no clue what it could be with no other symptoms

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• could be an allergic reaction. I would call the dr.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• scabies?
    Anonymous

• even though it doesn't itch ?
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Check his lips and tongue..any swelling? No trouble breathing? Have you changed laundry, soap, softner, dryer sheets or bath soap? If you have Benedryl give him the suggested dose on the back. Watch him carefully for other symptoms.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It could be strep. My kids always present with a rash when they have strep, often they don't have any other symptoms, but the rash.

What does the rash look like? If it is blotchy with the spots connecting, kind of like camouflage... it could be an allergic reaction. If it looks like tiny pin pricks and has a texture when you rub your hand over it, then it could be strep.

It could also be a hundred other things, best call and make an appointment with the doc.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm calling the dr 1st thing in the am I'm just a bit of a quarentine freak we have 5 kids and them all sick at once is my worst nightmare lol I love them but thats alot to handle at once lol
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• So what does the rash look like?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If your regular Dr. doesn't know, check with a dermatologist. years ago, I broke out in a rash, went to a dermatologist (reg. dr.'s suggestion) and discovered it was a reaction to something in clothing. Gave me some smelly cream junk and told me to stick to all cotton clothing for awhile. It finally went away and there's been no recurrence. My kid's break out in a rash if I use regular laundry soap, I have to use the stuff that has NO fragrence n stuff in it.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Give him some benadryl. Sounds like an allergic reaction.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• kinda like millions of white (maybe like pinkpricks ) with pink I'm not good at describing things runs your hand over them and you can feel them
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011